This is supposed to be a Facebook thing, but you know I don’t follow directions, and that I use memes as chances to tell stories. Thus.
The year is 2003-4.
1. Did you know your spouse? No. I’m not married, for one. Dating was its own special hell in high school, and then I’d have to wait for that spouse to grow up! Two got away, but they’re happy now and I’m happy for them. ^_^
2. Did you carpool to school? Merde, no. Didn’t know anyone well enough, lived at the far end of the district. I got a ton of rides from my mother instead, which was a major kindness. I was still newish to meds (~6 months in September ’03). Try to imagine waking up at 6am or, gulp, earlier when there was work to do that I hadn’t had the heart to finish the night before. Yeah. Now imagine it on medication that socks you out on purpose. I wasn’t functional until breakfast break, when we had extra time between classes to snag a snack. That was between 9-10.
3. What kind of car did you have? Even if I’d had my license, we couldn’t have afforded one.
4. What kind of car do you have now? A 2000 Chevy Cavalier with no AC. In other words, pretty much what a kid graduating this year would drive.
5. It’s Friday night… If there’s a dance, I am all dressed up and getting down. Otherwise I’m online, reading, or writing.
6. What kind of job did you have in high school? I worked for the library! What else? 🙂
7. What kind of job do you do now? Next…
8. Were you a party animal? No way.
9. Were you a cheerleader? They would probably have patted me on the head and said “Maybe you can manage the team…” They weren’t actually bad, the cheerleaders. I just didn’t fit.
10. Were you considered a jock? I was a force to be reckoned with when we played floor hockey, but no.
11. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I made it my life’s mission to sit first chair in Wind Ensemble my senior year — preferably sooner! And though the panic disorder first appeared around performing, I did it, with the best support system I could’ve asked for. ❤
12. Were you a nerd? Prizewinning. Literally.
13. Did you get suspended or expelled? No. By sheer force of will, I behaved.
14. Can you sing the fight song? What fight song? Our band did, however, know “Another One Bites The Dust” pretty well.
15. Who was/were your favorite high school teachers? Mr. Borden, of course.
16. Where did you sit in lunch room? You assume I sat in the lunch room. 🙂 Before the renovation, we ate in the band room; after, a lot of us ate in the downstairs computer lab.
17. What was your school’s full name? Honeoye Falls-Lima Senior High School. I think.
18. What was your school mascot? We had one?
19. If you could go back and do it again? Take the easiest classes going except French (AP the crap out of that), take up a sport, do better in gym. If I didn’t end up taking BOCES courses for something practical, at least don’t go to a major university right away. Go to MCC instead or take a gap year. Defy the Clique more openly. Be better friends with better people than those.
20. Did you have fun at Prom? No.
21. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? Junior year, no. Senior year, n/a.
22. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? If it’s somewhere indoors and affordable, sure.
23. Are you still in contact with people from school? Some. 🙂
24. What are/were your school’s colors? Black and gold.